Main Specs: Monoprice Mini Delta 3D Printer
- Company Manufacturer: Monoprice
- Monoprice Mini Delta Price: $179 — Available on Amazon here
- Monoprice Mini Delta 3D Printing Technology: FDM
- Assembled or Kit: Assembled
- Monoprice Mini Delta Maximum Build Volume: 110 x 110 x 120 mm
Introduction: what is the Monoprice Mini Delta
The Monoprice Mini Delta is, just as the name implies, a mini 3D printer. As the name suggests, this is a Delta 3D printer, meaning it has a circular printing bed and extruder held up with three arms. Delta printers are also known to be much faster than most other types of 3D printer.
First released in 2018, Monoprice advertise the Mini Delta as a great teaching tool for parents to educate their children in technology and creative design.
- Read more about educational printers in our guide to the best 3D printers for education and schools.
Despite this, Monoprice also stresses that the Mini Delta is no toy, and would make a great addition to anyone’s workshop. It comes fully assembled and ready to use right out of the box, and it’s compatible with the most popular operating systems.
While not a great choice for those looking to make large and complicated 3D printing projects, the Mini Delta is a fast and accurate machine. Its light weight and small size also make it easily portable for those who want to take their work on the road.
The size makes it a great choice for hobbyists who want to make their own toys and statuettes. The 50-micron resolution is also good news for those looking to make smaller, more detailed models like Warhammer figures.
*Please note that the Monoprice Mini Delta is currently experiencing shipping delays due to demand, and at least two weeks should be allowed for shipment.
Mini Delta Features
The Mini Delta is compatible with open source 3D printing software. This combined with its impressive versatility mean it’s capable of a wide variety of projects.
Small in size and light in weight, the Monoprice Mini Delta is easy to move around. The frame has been praised as highly durable, adding to its reliability as well as its convenient portability.
The Mini Delta is connectable through WiFi, USB, or the included MicroSD card. Not all 3D printers are Wi-Fi enabled, and many creators prefer it. As a result, this connectivity option further makes the Monoprice Mini Delta very much worth its already low price.
Monoprice Mini Delta Pros
- Impressive Speed: As a Delta 3D printer, one main advantage of the Monoprice Mini Delta is its very fast printing speed at 150mm/s.
- Light Weight: Despite its complex build, the Monoprice Mini Delta is very light at around 1kg, making it easily portable.
- Intricate Projects: With a 50 micron resolution, the Monoprice Mini Delta is capable of producing impressive detail for an affordable printer of this size.
- Automatic Leveling: makes for easier, more accessible overall use.
Monoprice Mini Delta Cons
- Smaller Builds: The Monoprice Mini Delta’s very small build area limits project options.
- Durability Issues: Some people have noted the thin heatbed can be prone to ripping over time, meaning it will need to be replaced.
- Connection Errors: Some users have reported connectivity issues with WiFi and USB, which can be frustrating.
What does it come with?
Monoprice Mini Delta Full Specs
- Monoprice Mini Delta Dimensions: 381mm x 250mm x 318mm
- Weight: 1kg
- Monoprice Mini Delta Minimum Layer Height: 50 Microns
- Z / XY Resolution: 0.1mm / 0.04375mm
- Print speed: Up to 150mm/sec
- Heated Bed: Yes
- Nozzle Size: 0.4mm
- Single or Dual Extruder: Single
- Monoprice Mini Delta Maximum Extruder Temperature: 260°C
- Monoprice Mini Delta Maximum Heated Bed Temperature: Maximum 60℃ (Recommended 50℃)
- Connectable: Yes, via USB, SD card, and WiFi
- Touchscreen: None
- Automatic Leveling: Yes
- Monoprice Mini Delta Frame Material: Steel and aluminum
- Monoprice Mini Delta Build Platform Material: Aluminum heat bed
- What parts does the Monoprice Mini Delta come with:
- 1x 3D printer
- 1x Filament holder
- 1x Plastic scraper
- 1x USB cable
- 1x MicroSD™ card
- 1x Hex wrench
- 1x Power adapter
- 1x AC power cord
- Compatible Materials / Filaments: PLA, ABS, PETG, Copper, Steel, Bronze, and Wood
- Material Diameter: 1.75mm
- Third Party Material Compatible: Yes
- 3D printer software: Cura and Repetier-Host
- Compatible File Types: STL, OBJ, DAE, and AMF
- OS Compatible: Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
Where to Buy The Monoprice Mini Delta
The Mini Delta is an excellent purchase for 3D printing beginners or those who want a smaller, simple machine for equally downsized projects.
The printer bed is open, which can be problematic as the Mini Delta does support ABS, which is prone to warping and damage from external variables when used in an open space. However, many users agree that the price tag is well worth it even when the minor drawbacks are taken into account.
Its simple-to-use software is complimented by its durable hardware. The frame is made of aluminum and steel, further adding to it being an ideal purchase for those looking for a portable machine that still delivers reliable and impressive results.
One of the main draws of Mini Delta is its use as an educational tool. Parents are encouraged to see it as a way of teaching their kids basic technology and engineering while exercising creativity.